A Drawing laptop may not be the best platform to draw Monalisa, The Stray Night, or other great paintings, but it will sure help you come up with an awesome pencil design of your partner on the sofa biting a strawberry. If you have kids, it becomes even better. Your kids can practice drawing Mickey Mouse.
We know how hard navigating the online streets can be when you are looking to purchase a product. So, we took some time to research some of the best laptops for drawing available on the market. We have prepared a comprehensive review so that you can have an easier time choosing one that best suits your needs.
Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
|Check On Amazon|
Microsoft Surface Go (Intel Pentium Gold, 4GB RAM, 64GB)
|Check On Amazon|
Samsung Chromebook Plus V2
|Check On Amazon|
Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Convertible Laptop
|Check On Amazon|
Jumper 11.6 inch Full HD Touchscreen Laptop
|Check On Amazon|
1. Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
Are you looking for an ultra-thin and sleek laptop? Then look no further, Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 has a polished aluminum finish that makes this drawing laptop attractive. It has a 360-degree hinge that allows you to convert this laptop to a tablet.
This laptop has a high-resolution touchscreen to help you draw and watch your movies in either laptop or tablet mode. Its dazzling visual, audio clarity, accompanied by the laptop’s advanced features, makes this laptop a good choice.
You get ten hours of creative drawing with this laptop, thanks to its long battery life.
- It has Windows 10 with excellent antivirus software, making it difficult for malicious malware to infect your laptop with malicious software.
- Privacy shutter allows you to physically close your PC’s webcam whenever you’re not using it.
- The active pen lets you edit, draw on the screen and make important notes on the go.
- It has a fingerprint reader to offer extra protection to your laptop.
- It has a storage space of 250GB. But you can easily upgrade the storage space.
2. Microsoft Surface Go (Intel Pentium Gold, 4GB RAM, 64GB)
If you are looking for a light computer, then consider a Microsoft Surface Go laptop. This laptop is super light, weighing 1.15lbs. The corners of this laptop are rounded, replacing the previous versions that had sharp edges. You get a USB-C port and a micro SD card.
Microsoft Surface Go laptop has a fantastic display and speakers in addition to having solid graphics. If you loved the Microsoft Surface Pro 6, then this advanced version will blow you out of your mind.
- It comes with Microsoft verified security and windows defender to protect your laptop entirely.
- You get multitasking USB C to transfer your data at an impressive speed and charge it relatively fast.
- Fast-charging Surface Connect will let you work on your project on the go for a longer time.
- It has a native screen resolution of 1800 x 1200 pixels.
- The keyboard and other accessories come separately.
3. Samsung Chromebook Plus V2
Distance learning and conferencing? Samsung Chromebook is ideal for virtual learning thanks to the Intel Celeron processor. You can share your projects virtually, and your kids can get to learn from this drawing laptop.
This laptop weighs 2.98 lbs, making it easy to conveniently switch between computer mode and tablet mode for drawing comfortably.
This laptop has 32GB of built-in memory to save all your drawings and, you can upgrade up to 400GB with a MicroSD card. If that is not enough storage for you, you can still save on Google One, which gives you 200 GB of cloud storage.
- It has a great battery life
- The keyboard is comfortable for typing.
- It has duo cameras making it a sophisticated laptop.
- It has a display resolution of 1920 X 1200 pixels.
- It is not the best for playing computer games but can play mobile games from android.
4. Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Convertible Laptop
This laptop is small, inexpensive, and comes with inbuilt virus protection that updates automatically. It also boots up in just a few seconds! It gets better; Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Convertible Laptop has a Wacom drawing tablet support suitable for those seeking a digital pen to draw, edit, and express their ideas on their laptops.
The digital pen that comes together with your Acer Chromebook Spin 311 is battery-free, accurate, pressure-sensitive, sturdy, and comfortable for your drawing activities as it feels like a pen on paper. Just what a drawing artist needs. It’s also suitable for kids and students.
- The digital pen feels like a pen on paper.
- Automatic updates of your software.
- It has inbuilt virus protection.
- Great for online interactions between teachers and students
- You get 100 GB of google drive storage space to store your drawings and other works.
- Up to 10-hour battery life enabling you to do more.
- It has an 11.6” touch display that gives you a clear view of your drawings.
- There is no HDMI jack built into this laptop.
- You may need an additional speaker as the inbuilt speaker is not as powerful as many would wish them to be.
5. Jumper 11.6 inch Full HD Touchscreen Laptop
If you are looking for a lightweight laptop with outstanding performance, you should consider this Jumper 11.6” Full HD touchscreen laptop. This laptop weighs 2.3 lbs which makes it one among lightweight computers. The graphics processing performance of this laptop gives high-definition photos, realistic effects, and smooth animations.
It has an aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body that can withstand the physical damages that laptops undergo. The full-size keyboard layout with large keycaps will give you a smooth typing experience in addition to having high-scratch resistance and abrasion resistance.
- It is ultra-small and lightweight.
- It can be flipped 360 degrees which makes it easy to use as a tablet or notebook.
- It is fast, meaning you can watch, draw, type without experiencing any lagging.
- You can set up two screens by connecting to an HDMI or a high-definition monitor.
- It has a screen resolution of 1920 X1080
- It does not come with a stylus
- It has mini ports
Good old pen and paper have been used for a long time as drawing tools. But times have changed, and technology has advanced. Nowadays, a laptop is a must-have tool for artists, architects, fashion designers, and graphic designers.
For a fantastic drawing experience, you need a fast-charging laptop with touch screen functionality. Fast charge, lightweight to conveniently carry it with you everywhere you go. You should be able to change it to tablet mode on the train to draw a perfect stranger and change it back to laptop mode when you are done. Whether you use your laptop for drawing, working, watching movies, or playing games, a laptop will give you the best experience.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- What is good storage for drawing on a laptop 128gb, 256gb, 512gb,or 1tb?
256 GB of storage is good for artists, but 512GB to 1TB is much preferred. When it comes to Ram, 8 GB of Ram and preferably 16-32 GB will work well without frustrating an artist.
- Which hybrid laptop works best for drawing and for playing fortnight?
A laptop with a dedicated graphics card will work well for drawing and for playing fortnight because the CPU will be under less pressure and can keep cool when you are drawing or playing fortnight.
- What drawing software to use for hp laptop
The best drawing software overall is Adobe Illustrator CC. But, there are others like Krita, a drawing software that is free for all artists. Artweaver can be used if you have a touch screen pc. It is good for all artists but best for kids who are still experimenting. Another tool you can use is MyPaint which works best if you use a graphics tablet or other touchscreen device.
- Is a 2 in 1 laptop good for drawing?
A 2 in 1 laptop works perfectly for artists as you can use it as a laptop and flip it to a tablet position whenever you want to get creative with your drawings.
- Is there a difference between a graphic tablet and a drawing tablet?
To use a graphic tablet, you need to connect it to a computer to use while a drawing tablet allows you to see the drawing as you draw.
- Is Wacom one good for artists and designers?
Wacom one offers essential design choices for anyone looking for a pure drawing experience. The Wacom stylus does not need batteries in order to work.
- Is there any difference between a drawing tablet and a graphics tablet?
A graphics tablet has no screen of its own and should be connected to a computer. It is pressure-sensitive and has configurable keys. When using it, you have to look at the computer while drawing on the tablet. A drawing tablet is a graphics tablet but with a screen on the tablet itself. You can therefore draw and watch your progress on the surface itself.
- Is 8GB RAM enough for digital art?
The kind of art you put on the screen will determine the amount of RAM you require. If you are using your device for graphics work, 8GB RAM is recommended if you do not have too many graphics applications running simultaneously.